I remember thinking how weird culottes looked the first time I saw them. Fast forward to 2018 and I think they’re really chic and versatile. Raise your hands if you’re like me so ! Lol. You just need to know how to style them so you’re not stuck. Literally.
They’re just one of those 70s trends that have refused to stay in the 70s. Culottes were usually fitted and ended just below the knee with a buckle or button. Now they’re usually loose and hang just below the knee, but can be also be shorter or longer. The thing about culottes is they’re pants that look like a skirt, which feels like wearing both at the same time.
Even though they’re really comfy they might seem hard to style because they’re not as common as regular pants. Because I love you so much I’ll be sharing different ways you could wear them, maybe you can finally buy one and thank me later 🙂
- With your favorite slogan tee
- With a camisole
- With a buttoned down shirt
- With a turtleneck
- With a boxy top or blouse
I paired my pleated culottes with an off shoulder top. I accessorised with a nude courts, a black clutch and sunglasses. The culottes were so comfortable, they felt like a skirt.
You should remember these when you’re styling culottes;
- Tucking in is very flattering with culottes because this shows the shape of the culottes, and shows off your waist.
- Pairing with heels will make your legs look longer, and make you look taller and slimmer.
- Culottes highlight your ankles and feet, so this might be the perfect time to rock your favourite heels.
I’d love to know what you think about culottes though. Have you made up your mind about culottes ? Do you own culottes ? How do you like to style them ?
Culottes │ Online store Here
Heels │ Zara
Clutch │ Random store
Glasses │ Online store Here
Photo credit : Pinterest
See you soon.